Praise for The Big Tiny
The Big Tiny is a beautifully written narrative, one that goes beyond happiness and living simply. The power of Dee’s words will touch your heart, make you laugh, cry, and change your life. – Tammy Strobel, author of You Can Buy Happiness (and It’s Cheap)
The Big Tiny is irresistible. Dee Williams is as much fun on the page as she is in person. Comic, silly, and soulful, she takes us on her journey to simplify her life and along the way tunes in to our own inner desire to pare down to our nearly naked selves. – Jim Lynch, author of The Highest Tide and Truth Like the Sun
Excerpts and Press
- How Would It Feel to Live So Light?
- How Do You Start Building a Tiny House?
- Slate.com: What It’s Like To Live In An 84-Square Foot House
- The New York Times: Square Feet: 84. Possessions: 305.
- CBS This Morning: Inside The Tiny House Movement (Video)
- Los Angeles Times: Dee Williams Downsizes to a Tiny House, Opens to a Bigger World
- Yahoo.com: One Woman’s Radically Simplified “Built-it-myself” Life
- Houzz.com: Life Lessons From 10 Years of Living in 84 Square Feet
- Inhabitat.com: Tiny House Pioneer Dee Williams Discusses Living Large…
- The Weather Channel: Life in a Tiny House (Video)
Meet Dee on Tour!
The Big Tiny book tour has brought Dee to cities across America! Here’s where she’s headed next. Come on out to one of these readings or events, meet Dee, and connect with other tiny house enthusiasts in your area.
- July 31, 2014 – Olympia, WA – Timberland Library at 7:30 pm
- August 7, 2014 – Iowa City, IA – Prairie Lights Bookstore
- September 30, 2014 – Decorah, IA – Luther College
- October 18, 2014 – Portland, OR – Multnomah Public Library. With Dee’s new little house!
- November 8, 2014 – Westminster, MD – Carroll County Public Library
About Dee Williams
Dee Williams built and moved into her little house in 2004, and since then over 20 million people have toured it virtually to learn more about the house and her life. Dee founded Portland Alternative Dwellings (PAD) to help others learn to build homes that serve their lives, instead of the other way around. Learn more about Dee’s house and story.
To schedule a reading or speaking event with Dee, contact Brian Ulicky at brian.ulicky [at] us.penguingroup.com. For anything else, visit PAD’s Contact page.