Friday, November 6th, 2015 | Portland, OR
The “big tent” of small housing will come together for this unique one day event sponsored by PAD Tiny Houses. Dee Williams and Alan Durning from the Sightline Institute will kick off the day with inspiring keynote speeches, and then break out sessions will explore what’s working, what’s new and what’s next in small housing.
Learn which small home type is for you, find out how to build and rent a backyard apartment, see successful examples of small house communities, and get inspired by space-efficient and energy-efficient designs!
November 7th and 8th, 2015 | Portland, Oregon
Our Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a tiny home. This workshop includes a tour of a tiny house and pocket community, and classroom-style learning, including:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home and community
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations
- Tiny house building necessities like securing your house to your trailer, controlling moisture, and designing for ventilation, heating, and cooling
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water