Portland, Oregon – November 12th and 13th, 2016
[pullquote3 quotes=”true” align=”center”]If you have any interest in tiny houses, take this workshop![/pullquote3]
Do you dream about building a tiny house on wheels, designed just for you? Whether you’ve been following tiny houses for years or are just jumping into the idea, this workshop is for you!
This workshop will leave you confident and empowered, holding the things you need most to start your tiny home:
- What to consider as you design and build a tiny house
- Your options for getting your house water and power
- How to connect with resources and get help with your project
- A connection to other like-minded tiny house enthusiasts, proving that you are not alone and your dream is possible!
[pullquote3 quotes=”true” align=”center”]Incredibly informative, fascinating, and inspiring.[/pullquote3]
Our 2-day Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. We’ll address:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating, and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water systems.
The workshop includes both classroom-style learning and the chance to explore a real tiny house.
Dee Williams demonstrating how a well-built tiny house survives a highway journey
[pullquote3 quotes=”true” align=”center”] An excellent resource if you have felt like you were drowning in a sea of internet information![/pullquote3]
The instructors are Dee Williams and Joan Grimm of PAD, and the PAD Partners, our trusted experts in tiny house design, construction and living.
You will receive a digital download of Go House Go INSTANTLY, and during the workshop you’ll get many, many other resources you need to build your tiny house to fit you like glove. Build it right the first time, and learn from a community of other tiny house enthusiasts. One lucky participant will win a free set of PAD plans of their choice! And ALL participants will receive a discount code good for 30% off of PAD’s Sweet Pea Tiny House Plans or Shelter Wise’s Miter Box Tiny House Plans.
To make the most of your tiny house weekend, consider staying at Caravan, the Tiny House Hotel! We hold a block of tiny houses at the hotel for the workshop weekend. Just contact Caravan directly and say you’re with the PAD workshop!
Tiny House Basics Full Weekend Workshop: $325 Early Bird Price!
Save $25 now with early bird pricing! Save an additional $25 per person when you and a buddy attend together – a total savings of $100! Put two tickets in your cart and enter discount code 50off2tix. Both discounts expire and regular price of $350 per person begins October 29th.
What Are PAD Workshops Like?
Learn more about our workshops with these blog posts:
- “How to Visit a Tiny House: Why a Guided Tour of a Tiny House is a Vital Part of Every PAD Tiny House Workshop”
- “What’s the ‘Value’ of a Tiny House Workshop?”
Our participants overwhelmingly agree they’d recommend our workshop to a friend, but here’s what they have to say in their own words: