Portland, Oregon – May 14th and 15th, 2016
If you have any interest in tiny houses, take this workshop!
Do you dream about building a tiny house on wheels, designed just for you? Whether you’ve been following tiny houses for years or are just jumping into the idea, this workshop is for you!
This workshop will leave you confident and empowered, holding the things you need most to start your tiny home:
- What to consider as you design and build a tiny house
- Your options for getting your house water and power
- How to connect with resources and get help with your project
- A connection to other like-minded tiny house enthusiasts, proving that you are not alone and your dream is possible!
Incredibly informative, fascinating, and inspiring.
Our 2-day Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a house on wheels. We’ll address:
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating, and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water systems.
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
The workshop includes both classroom-style learning and the chance to explore a real tiny house.
Dee Williams demonstrating how a well-built tiny house survives a highway journey
An excellent resource if you have felt like you were drowning in a sea of internet information!
The instructors are Dee Williams and Joan Grimm of PAD, and the PAD Partners, our trusted experts in tiny house design, construction and living.
You will receive a digital download of Go House Go INSTANTLY, and during the workshop you’ll get many, many other resources you need to build your tiny house to fit you like glove. Build it right the first time, and learn from a community of other tiny house enthusiasts. One lucky participant will win a free set of PAD plans of their choice! And ALL participants will receive a discount code good for 30% off of PAD’s Sweet Pea Tiny House Plans or Shelter Wise’s Miter Box Tiny House Plans.
To make the most of your tiny house weekend, consider staying at Caravan, the Tiny House Hotel! PAD workshop participants get 10% off at Caravan, and we hold a block of tiny houses at the hotel for the workshop weekend. Just contact Caravan directly and say you’re with the PAD workshop!
Workshop Details: The Historic North Kenton Firehouse, 8105 N Brandon Ave, Portland, OR 97217.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Tiny House Basics Full Weekend Workshop: $350
What Are PAD Workshops Like?
Learn more about our workshops with these blog posts:
- “How to Visit a Tiny House: Why a Guided Tour of a Tiny House is a Vital Part of Every PAD Tiny House Workshop”
- “What’s the ‘Value’ of a Tiny House Workshop?”
Just the right balance of enthusiastic support; pragmatic advice about very real issues like zoning, codes and how to construct a safe and sound house; and a wellspring of experience and expertise, all very helpful for planning, building and living long-term in a tiny house. – Kate Goodnight
This workshop was very informative. I was excited about tiny houses before I came, but the class pushed me over the fence. I am decidedly building one of these! – Willie Dean
It was great to meet like-minded people, all with a huge base of knowledge. Dee is a great speaker, she was wonderful at managing the talk, working the room and encouraging discussion.
Great workshop to help you get ‘rolling’ on your tiny house build…resources…people. Nice to see so many people just like me!
By the time the day was over, I had learned about the tools I would need, gained a better understanding of the process, understood what it feels like to work on a project like this, and learned about some of the challenges and methods of dealing with them.
The workshop totally increased my confidence that this is an achievable vision.