Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Green Anchors in the St. Johns’ neighborhood of Portland, OR
Curious about tiny houses? Want to connect with experts who can speak to your specific tiny house questions? Join us Thursday, August 21st at Green Anchors in Portland’s St. Johns’ neighborhood for PAD’s free monthly Tiny House Mixer.
At this mixer you can see two tiny house builds in progress, the awesome little homes of Lina Menard and Laura Klement, meet tiny house pioneer Dee Williams, and get to know the PAD Partners, skilled tiny house professionals we trust to help you with your tiny house living, design, and construction questions!
November 1st and 2nd, 2014 | Portland, Oregon
Our Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a tiny home. This workshop includes a tour of a tiny house and pocket community, and classroom-style learning, including:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home and community
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations
- Tiny house building necessities like securing your house to your trailer, controlling moisture, and designing for ventilation, heating, and cooling
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water