May 17th, 2014
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dee Williams comes to California, at long last! This special classroom-style workshop introduces what a tiny house can be, what it might look like, and where it can go. We’ll focus on the top 5 tiny house conundrums you might be scratching your head about right now, and the benefits waiting for you at the finish line when you figure them all out and get your little house built.
THE TOP 5 Tiny House Head Scratchers we will address:
- How to properly secure the house to the trailer.
- What are the options for water, sewer, gas and electric?
- How to button things up and prevent moisture problems.
- Where can you live and what are the zoning and code restrictions you should know about?
- What are your options for financing and insuring your tiny house?
May 31st and June 1st, 2014
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Do you dream about building a tiny house? Our Tiny House Basics Workshop is comprehensive but entry-level, introducing you to the unique design and building principles that apply to a tiny home. We’ll address:
- Case studies of tiny houses and pocket neighborhoods
- Cultivating home—the place and the people who make community.
- Navigating codes, insurance, and regulations.
- Tiny house building basics, including how to properly anchor a stick-built structure to a trailer.
- Tiny house building science, including moisture control, ventilation, heating, and cooling.
- Tiny house systems, including electrical, gas, and water systems.
The workshop includes both classroom-style learning and the chance to explore a tiny house. The topics we discuss are brought to life with a tour of pocket community.